November 17, 2010

Wednesday Warble

Wednesday Warble doesn't sound nearly as good as Tuesday Tunes, does it? Well, unfortunately this week, that can't be helped. Making up for some lame busyness and lack-of-posting-ness, here's a fun edition of Wednesday Warble (ha, it's still funny).

This weekend is Fall Fling at my college, which means we get to go to concerts and prance around doing fun activities all for
freefreefree. Tomorrow's band is none other than Best Coast, hailing from L.A., a super fun band fronted by Bethany Cosentino. Bobb Bruno and ex-Vivian Girls Ali Koehler make up the rest of the "surf pop" trio, bassing and drumming their way along to superstar-dom. Anyway, I'm excited to see them tomorrow fo' free, since I was bummed to have missed them over the summer in New York.

Have a listen to my favourite song of theirs "Summer Mood":




And then after this wonderful concert, I'm then going to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter, possibly wearing a graduation robe (might as well get some use out of that thing). Extremely excited, not gonna lie. But that's another story.

It doesn't end yet! Friday night
Chiddy Bang is coming to play and I can't wait. If you're not familiar with them, they're a hip hop group from Philly who sample bands like Sufjan Stevens and Radiohead and mix it all in with a lil hip hop. I actually wasn't that familiar with them until my friend Sharel told me they were performing, but it seems like it's going to be an awesome show! Their most popular song is "Opposite of Adults" where they sample MGMT "Kids". The video is a bit abnormal, in a great way! Silly bobblehead kids. Check it out below:



And here's "Truth" where they sample Passion Pit "Better Things":



Can you blame me for being excited? What groovy stuff do you guys have going on this week/weekend?
♥, Azzara

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...