February 13, 2011

Starring Mr. Bill Cunningham...




I haven't been this excited for a movie in forever. I can't wait for Bill Cunningham The Movie to come to NY (on March 16th) at the Film Forum. Uh, I will obviously be pre-ordering my ticket.

Bill Cunningham is a New York City documentarian, photographer for the NYTimes style section, and a complete enigma. It seems like he leads a very solitary, mysterious, yet modest lifestyle, despite his popularity. I'm so surprised that he agreed to do this film because it seems like he puts his privacy first (refreshing, I know!), as well as his art. I guess in order to take good photographs he has to remain semi-anonymous, which has been increasingly difficult since he's been at the top of the game for so long.

I got the chance to see him in person at last summers Governor's Island Jazz Age Lawn Party and so I can't wait for this film to shed more light on the mystery that is Bill C.

He says, "I'm not interested in celebrities with their free clothes, I'm interested in fashion!" You tell em, Bill.

You can and should check out the trailer here.
VvV Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...