September 19, 2010

Amanda's highlights for Spring RTW 2011- Part I

Hey all- in the world of fashion it's already warm out and we've got Spring 2011 on the mind.  Here are some of my personal highlights and I'll tell you why...

1. Peter Som: his collection might be my overall favorite of the season.  The colors are extremely cheerful and  I'm digging the mixture of graphic blacks and whites with florals.  Som's designs are what I think spring fashion should be.  I appreciate that he incorporates pops of color into his more black/white looks to keep them interesting. Som also includes his take on the LBD (4th image below).  I want to own every piece in this collection!





2. Vivienne Tam:  The first 10 or so looks from Tam's collection are white and although there were a lot of white looks from other designers this season, Tam's are definitely my favorite and they are anything but boring.  Each piece is extremely intricate and looks like it has been laser cut into fine patterns.  I love her attention to detail and accents of blue.


(all images via style.com)

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...