August 16, 2010

Cruise Wear.. I Want It

So of course with Fashion Week rapidly approaching, I’m getting more excited about seeing the Spring/Summer 2011 collections that I will inevitably be drooling over for months to come. In order to tide myself over for a couple of weeks, I’ve been perusing through all of the cruise and resort runway collections again and wanting too many things. The collections are lighter, more playful and have a lot of prints and patterns (which I love). They have influences from the designers' fall collections as well as a bit of a sneak peak of the upcoming Spring/Summer collections, which is just great. Some of my favourites would have to be Proenza Schouler and Chloé:

Proenza Schouler - Images via Style.com

I just love dresses. They're just so easy to throw on and spruce up with some cute shoes and a bit of jewellery. I generally don't wear shorts but they sure look great on Jacquelyn Jablonski. I'm really digging both of these Proenza Schouler looks, and want all of these pieces right now. I love how the little black belt ties it all together, such pretty silhouettes.

Chloé - Images via Style.com

I'm really digging the nude trend that's been sprouting up all over the place. These pieces are so chic, especially styled with the simple hair 'do. The embellishment on the dress adds just a bit of snaz (that's not a word, is it?) as an element of surprise, and the high-waisted fitted pants are just perfect with the flowy top. I'm normally a fan of a bit of embellishment and a splash of colour, but sometimes simple is just splendid.

3.1 Phillip Lim - Images via Style.com

This Phillip Lim look deserves at least a mention because I want everything right now, down to the boots and the bracelet. I think this is a sign that I need to buy more new clothes. Or maybe that I don't.

, Azzara

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...