August 10, 2010

Tuesday Tunes

So Amanda and I have decided to start our blog off right, with a lil bit of everything to read about. So on that note, welcome to the first ever Tuesday Tunes, which will hopefully be a regular addition to our ramblings each week. A few weeks ago, I got a hold of the new album by Bombay Bicycle Club. They’re a four-piece hailing from London who released their second album Flaws on July 12 and have already managed to reach #8 in the UK charts, their first time making it to the top 10. The best part of the whole story? They formed the band at the tender age of 15. And they recorded their new acoustic album by themselves with a really low budget. Kind of puts us to shame, eh?

Now onto the real music part. My friend first sent me a demo of this song in 2006, right after I graduated high school and I remember listening to it over and over again on all the trains, buses and planes I took that summer (it was a busy one).  It’s called "The Hill":



A rerecorded version of The Hill is included on their debut album I Had the Blues But I Shook Them Loose, released in 2009. However, my latest obsessions on their new album (very obvious from my last.fm profile) would have to be "Ivy & Gold" and "Rinse Me Down". Check out a fun version of "Ivy & Gold" below, complete with whistling. The funniest part would have to be when a girl in the background burns another onlooker with a cigarette, watch out.






They received mixed reviews on this album because it’s just so different from their previous musical endeavours, but I happen to like it. If you’re digging this stuff, or just intrigued, check out some of their earlier tunes which are aren’t as acoustic, but are still equally as impressive. What’s on your summer playlist?


, Azzara

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...